Worked on footnotes and captions all day so was sorely in need of a drink so I wandered over to Europa cellars for their wine tasting of Portuguese wines. I live not too far away and have been subscribed to their newsletter for ages but this is the first time I have gone. They have them every week, i assume because they get in so many unusual wines from Europe that people don't know it is a good way of getting people to try different wines. There seemed to be a few people who turn up every week. They also had amazing cheese, a smoked cheddar. I think i was actually more excited by the cheese! I took some photos of the wines to help me remember, the reds were really nice but even a few tasting sips means I woke up with a slight headache. Annoying.
Hereford
6 hours ago



2 comments:
Oh no, is it just red wine that gives you a headache? How annoying. Grrrr!
Tell me more about the cheese.
xxx
Cheese was very good, all smoky but in a subtle way not like those smoked cheeses you get at the supermarket. Is there nice cheese in Scotland?
Post a Comment