Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

My week..

I felt quite ht and grumpy for most of this week. My apartment usually stays pretty cool but it seemed to warm up and get stuffy very quickly and I just found it so hard to sleep and to concentrate on my work. The result is that the chapter I planned to have finished this week is still not quite there. I also had various things on. Tuesday night we had drinks to celebrate my friend Elaine finishing her PhD, I think she has been doing it for 8-9 years so a big achievement. Then we went to the opera (well the Met opera live in HD at the Nova)with my parents, i wasn't really in the mood and the opera was Carmen and wasn't all that interesting. The staging, singing and acting was all excellent but the opera itself is just a bit dull.

Wednesday I caught up with Greer and Cat and John. John has bought a new apartment in the city and I am well jealous. Amazing views and light and lots of brand spanking newness. Greer is off to NYC today. And Cat ha a sparkly new job. We had drinks at Journal (what is going on with the service there, it used to be great but it is now so average and prices just go up?)  and then had pizza at +39 a pizzeria in Lt Bourke (just up the hill from Elizabeth). It is very good pizza, I had eggplant and tomato and went half and half with Mark who had the four cheese.  NOM NOM.

I had some red wine as well and as a result getting out of bed on Thursday was a bit of a struggle. I really can't have much red wine at all these days, and definitely not on a school night.

Thursday was pretty useless, I went to pilates and the room was insufferably warm and the instructor was complaining about no air conditioning (surely after 4 years he has realised the air conditioning is piss weak) but he didn't switch on any fans or open a window. Go figure. I guess I could have asked but I was so warm it felt too hard. Anyhoo I got some work done in the afternoon and evening but was suffering from a severe case of 'what'sthatworditis'.

Yesterday I decided to schlep into uni and work there and that was more successful, I even had a proper coffee, which woke me up and didn't make me hyper. Went market shopping with Mum and then caught up over tea at my place. I then proceeded to go crazy in the kitchen. I baked a chocolate weetbix slice with oats. I stewed up the plums I had that had gone a bit soft and scooped out the centres of some tomatoes to make stuffed tomatoes for dinner. I then got stuck into my thesis and nearly finished a section while the dinner was cooking. I often find that productivity in one area begets productivity in another, maybe it's the sense of achievement (or else it's just the chocolate rush from eating some weetbix slice raw.)

 Weetbix slice in its just cooked glory and after in its moist crumbly deliciousness.

Anyhoo I have been for a run this morning in the drizzle, which was a very nice change to horrible hot sun. Though there were a few too many superfast fit people on the Tan for my liking. I have caught up on all my blogs/newsletters on google reader and I must now get down to work.

No comments: