It's true. Hopefully we will get a thunderstorm later. That would excite me. I am trying to formulate ideas about 17th century venetian opera sets and it isn't happening and I am having (another) PhD crisis of why the hell I am writing this chapter?! It makes no sense, it has no proper thread, blah blah blah. The sets are nice though. It was around this time they invented a technique for changing the sets instantaneously with counterweights, apparently a small boy could do it just by turning a handle. This meant they had more and more sets, at least 10 per opera. A lot more than you get these days. Anyway that's enough of my ramblings that will probably only interest me!
Here is a garden set by Torelli c. 1645.
I also found these lovely Marilyn Monroe photos from 1961.The New York Post says
Photographer Len Steckler shot the black-and-white images of Marilyn Monroe when she unexpectedly arrived at his apartment in December, 1961, to visit his friend, Pulitzer-prize winning poet Carl Sandburg. Steckler is offering them for a sale as a limited-edition series called "Marilyn Monroe: The Visit."





No comments:
Post a Comment