Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dinner, cupcakes and winter olympics

I went to see 'A single man' in the morning with E. I had actually planned on Bright Star as I had a free pass but of course you can't use it on the weekend. Pah. But 'A Single Man' was great, sad though not depressing. I did spend about the first 10 minutes crying. It is also very visually beautiful.

In the evening I had dinner with the lovely C. We drank red wine and ate her delicious beetroot risotto and gossiped and decorated cupcakes that she had made (which were scrummy). Check out our efforts, be afraid professional cake decorators, be very afraid.

 

 
My HILARIOUS food wit at work.
 
Actually trying to do something pretty.

C says the I love you was for her man but clearly it was about me.

After that heady excitement we watched the Winter Olympics, or as I like to call it the DANGER OLYMPICS. As it seems that only 1 in 3 people actually complete their attempts without being on their heads or asses or both. Exhibit 1. The bobsled.
This was the only time I saw them the right way up. Actually I think the aim was to finish upside down and these guys had failed dismally.

And talking about failing dismally here are some photos of Eddie Maguire and the figure skater Johnny Weir. Eddie was hoepless, clearly worried he might catch a 'camp' attitude or else he perhaps had electrodes on his balls that were buzzed every time he veered towards homophobic. Anyway Johnny Weir was hilarious. I think he should have his own show.

 
 

No comments: