Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend in Daylesford

After my not so great week I had a very nice time in Daylesford. The weather was simply perfect and I felt very relaxed and even powered through some edits on my thesis. Caught the train and bus from Melbourne, it is pretty quick, under two hours and costs less than $10.


Daylesford Town Hall, I never seem to be on the main street when the sun is shining at the Town Hall. One day I will get a better photo.Had some rose and tapas at a new restaurant, was tasty.

Poor little fishes :( I ate the artichokes and olives. Later we had some dinner at The Perfect Drop, really good food. I have been there for a drink before but never dinner and it was well worth it. Had delicious little dishes like bacalao balls and roasted potatoes and some really good cheeses. As well as a yummy rose from Eastern Peake.

Bare legs in the sunshine, still pale but that's the way I like them (most days).

I had breakfast in the sunshine, nectarines and yoghurt, earl grey tea and read Country life magazines.
One of the lovely English Country House gardens that caught my eye, can't remember where it was exactly.
The very noisy cockatoos. One had a squawk that droned on for about 5 minutes, literally.

Garden bits and bobs, I miss having a garden.

Geraniums in many colours.

I spent the morning and afternoon editing my thesis in the garden and was actually very productive, restructured the second section of chapter 6 (in case you wanted details).

A group of us went to visit Captain's Creek winery. It is such a gorgeous place and I cannot recommend it enough. The couple who run it are very friendly and even though we turned up with only 10 minutes to go before they closed they happily served us tastings and chatted about wine, weather and life in general. Their wines are delicious, I especially like the Rose and the Pinot Noir. They are all organic and preservative free too.

We had an amusing time on the way back when the GPS decided our quickest route was a 10km dirt track through National Park. Technology fail.

This is the man who has owned the land for a long time, he just relaxes in the tasting room and watches cricket. All very laid back. Love it.

Tasty tasty.
Wine barrel and the vineyard in the distance.

Cheese and wine in the dappled sunshine in the garden.

NOMNOMNOM.

Late afternoon rose.

No comments: