I read Apartment Therapy almost everyday, I often feel it is more akin to tortue than inspiration as I end feeling painfully envious of Paris lofts and people with living rooms big enough to accomodate huge modular couches. Don't even get me started on people with their own libraries instead of the city of dangerous 'leaning towers of books' that I have. But but but I found this today, round fabric covered frames for sticking stuff on to. I have a huge collection of postcards, mainly of my favourite artworks and at my old place I had them stuck ALL OVER the walls, which I loved. But at my current place the paint is such that things just do not stick to the for more than a few days and as it is a rental I can't really frame things and hammer nails into the wall. However, I do have a picture rail so I could easily make these and hang them off the rail and then stick the postcards and whatnot on them. Exciting. Now I just need to source some thing to make round frames out of... Any ideas?
Found this idea on Apartment Therapy
Hereford
6 hours ago

5 comments:
They kind of look like tapestry or cross stitch frames?
http://www.birchhaby.com.au/ourrange.asp?cat=10&scat=1602#expand
They are definitely cross stitch/tapestry frames. You can get them from places like Spotlight and Lincraft.
Excellent idea!
round mirros - thats all i can think of? you could cover them up. would be super heavy though so not a great idea. Otherwise could you cut something out of cork or ply yourself and cover?
Oh thanks on the heads up guys. I thought they looked like something that might be sewing related but I had no idea what it might be. That should make things a bit easier.
Can you please make me one?!
Post a Comment