View from the Ca'Rezzonico, can you tell what season it was?
I booked a ticket to Venice on Thursday, FUN. I am very excited.
I will be there for the Renaissance Society of America conference, not presenting (M is though so moral support). Alos found a few friends are presenting, which will be fun. I have been going through the program, which is insanely long about 550 pages! Lots of concurrent sessions but have managed to map out some kind of program for me, mainly garden stuff.
The well at Casa Goldoni.I have spent all of today researching the villas I am finally going to get to visit. Actually I have already researched them in the sense of scholarly research but I haven't visited many of them as my previous trips to Italy have always been in winter when they are closed. I am also excited about spending about two weeks in Venice. I have been three times before but only ever for 2 nights. I will get to visit a lot of places I never have before and also just spend time wandering aimlessly without the pressure to dash between museums.
I am determined to be thesis free by the time I go. I think I should print these pictures out (I took them in 2005) as inspiration to work as hard as possible.
Reflections in the canal near Santa Maria dei Frari.
Old marble steps.
3 comments:
So excited for you! xx
Love love love Venice. It's so beautiful. One of my favourite cities to walk around. I love the fact that it's so easy to get lost and then you turn a corner and you are exactly where you expected to be. Or not. Either way it doesn't matter because you are in VENICE! So jealous!
Thanks guys. I so agree Miss kitty, Venice is one of the best places to get lost in.
Post a Comment