Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Thesis writing blah blah

Have been very busy finishing off something that was late. I have emailed nd posted it off today and feel very relieved. There will still be work to be done, edits to fix and what not but I am glad I can now focus 100% on my thesis.

I have been editing the last thesis chapters on paper and I really think I can knock them over in a few weeks. I am determined not to waste time doing more research. Not that research is wasted time but there is a point when you have to draw a line under what can actually be achieved in a thesis. As many people have told me 'it is JUST a thesis, just the beginning of your academic career'. It has to be good but it doesn't have to be the perfect last word on the topic.

Anyway I also discovered this fun site called wordle where you paste text and it makes a kind of map of your most used words. This one is from the chapter I just wrote, it probably won't make much sense but it does give you a flavour I hope. Plus it looks pretty.

Image provided by wordle.net

No comments: