I am posting this for my loverly sister, one of my oldest and most dedicated blog readers. She was asking me for the recipe last night at dinner so I thought I may as well type it out for everyone. I love this salad, fennel is one of my all time favourite vegetables, though I had never eaten it till I went to Italy 10 years ago (oh my god I can't believe that was a decade ago?!) I know it doesn't look super exciting in the photo, it was a rush job on Christmas day and the fancy fish kind of hogged the limelight, but trust me it tastes delicious and people always ask for the recipe.
Ingredients
1 decent sized fennel
Can of white beans, I prefer the cannellini beans.
Feta, about 200gms.
Olive oil
Parsley
Lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Chop fennel finely, I think it flavours the salad better the more finely it is chopped. Also if the feathery bits are still attached and look decent keep some to sprinkle on top.
Drain the white beans.
Chop the feta nice and small.
Chop parsley.
Mix fennel, beans and feta together. Mix through a decent slug of olive oil and some lemon juice, I just flavour it to taste it will depend on teh strength of the lemons how much you want. Don't over oil it though or it will go all gluggy. You could also add some white wine vinegar. Stir through parsely and some salt and LOTS of pepper. I think a really good amount of pepper makes a huge difference.
EAT with appropriate glee.
You could easily vary this by adding some tomato, or even swap the feta for tuna (the good stuff), add some capers or green peppercorns, boiled egg.
Hereford
6 hours ago

2 comments:
That looks like a really lovely meal for Summer, I think I might try and make it sometime this week :)
I'm going to make it too! Looks wonderful. Plan also to eat with glee.
Thanks m'dear!
Post a Comment