Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Yesterday morning I had organised a permesso (i.e. a permission) to visit the church of the Knights of Malta, it was such a gorgeous day, brilliant blue sky, sun reflecting off white marble. Also everyone who came loved it, including me, which added so much to the experience. My supervisor came and he is in such good spirits, and was all excited about the visit, so that has been great.

Had a nice quiet night last night, i sort of wanted a big one but my body wasn't up to it, and probably thanks me for listening. Instead I was awake sort of early and was planning an outing, saw Cat in the kitchen (the kitchen here is like the hub of activity) and she suggested Palazzo Massimo to see Pompeian wall frescoes and loads of sculpture. Excellent idea, said I. So we did that, I loved them, in particular one room that had frescoes for three sides of a room all decorated as an illusionistic garden with little birds and flowers.

Then we went to meet her friends, had some food, had a wander, now have just done some pilates as I have been feeling all wobbly, showered, and having a g&t. Also listening to the new song we have for choir on Monday, and also a new discovery of mine, a singer called Nick Drake, mi piace moltissimo. I am waiting for my photos to download, i love my new huge memory card, thank god I also got a new external drive or my poor computer would be seriously mad at me right now.

1 comment:

Gnae-O-Mi said...

Ah, Nick Drake! I have his "5 leaves left" album :)
You might like 'Sandy Denny and the Northshore Raven's' work as well, if you don't already know it.
Love,
N.