Busy day today. Had a trip to Grottaferrata and Frascati to see a monatsery and a garden. But all this began at 8am this morning after getting completely smashed last night. Had a lecture, all good. It went too long so after I basically downed two glasses of prosecco, then some red wine, then more prosecco, the more red, then the gin came out, then some thing someone's Italian mamma had made which was 85% alcohol. Some things are blurred but I do remember playing kung fu fighting in a dress, trying to slide down long dinner tables on our bellies, and then ending up in Aisling's studio spray painting a canvas. I woke up this morning with spray paint and lentils on my feet. But in my dazednessI had drunk a whole litre of water so i think that's why I pulled up fine.
Today was gorgeous. Weather was shitto, but first stop was Grottaferrata, which I have been to before, a monastery built in the 11th century with additions from various centuries. But the real delight was the 89 year old monk, so gorgeous, he had been there since he was 17!
Then we had lunch at Frascati, which was basically buying food, which you then take to an Hosteria where they let you eat food and drink their wine, I love it, it all came out of big tanks of wine in the room.
Then we hit the garden, which I have seen before but always love. Some of it was blocked off which was annoying, but still fun.
Just played a solid hour or so of table tennis.
piccies
The Main (only?) street
San Nilo
our monk
the Hosteria
Hereford
6 hours ago

2 comments:
Oh dear, lentils, spray paint and kung fu fighting. You always have the best travel stories :D
The monk looks very healthy for an 87 year old. Good news on the lack of hangover! Mum and I are going jogging today and considering buying pedometers.
Love,
N.
Loving it... keep posting, it's vicarious. xxxxxxR
Post a Comment