Ohh before I can't be bothered I have to write about a few things from yesterday, well unless other people are history nerds like me it might not be so exciting. A big group of us trooped off to the pope's house to see the Tower of the Winds. But because we had a lovely guide he also showed us around the Vatican secret archives and we saw the edict of worms with Charles V signature (or as it also known the Diet of Worms which is just too damn funny for words), the actual 13th century letter for the creation of the Franciscan order, we saw the letter excommunicating Martin Luther and essentially the start of Prodestantism, and the letter from all the nobles of England to the Pope asking for permission for Henry VIII to divorce Catherine of Aragon, so that is the beginning of Anglicanism. Damn cool stuff.
The tower was also gorgeous, beautiful frescoes and also a meridian, or a big indoor sundial. Then in the evening we had choir practice for one of the artists Cian who has music as part of his art. Good times, we had to practice harmonies and all.
Oh and you will never believe this, I got back to the school today to find an invite to an Australia Day function from the oz ambassador.... Amanda Vanstone, hilarious.
Hereford
6 hours ago

1 comment:
Brilliant first sentence, I love it. I am a history nerd, but wonder about this Prodestant sect - I've never heard of them.
Hope you are having all the fun in the world. I'm spending more time wiping the bottoms of the ancient than anything else. Mostly it isn't too hot.
Love from Me the Me.
Post a Comment