Pages

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wednesday already?!?

How on earth did that happen? Ah well I guess it means my work is going well which is good.

Lets go backwards

Today
I am trying to get up and ready to start the day. LAst night we watched 'WIthnail and I' and I liked it much better this time, last time I saw it at the moonlight cinema and I was cold and being bitten, ha. Such a good film, Will said he would only watch 10 minutes but clearly he had to stay. He is going back to England today to hand in his thesis, I will miss him Sad he is my breakfast companion, the only other person who turn up late at breakfast without having showered with messy hair. Though he did threaten to make me watch the last Ashes series so maybe not Stuck Up Laughing

It's funny how quickly you make friends here, because you see people all the time and have this shared experience, plus are often both doing PhDs and working on Rome.

Anyways, MArk has been ringing me heaps which is loverly, he has an interview for a new job on Friday so you all must cross your fingers for him. IT would be so good if he got it as his current job is just exhausting the poor muffin.

Yesterday
American Academy, took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get there. Bloody 95 bus never came, so i walked down to Piazza del Popolo and caught a little electric bus to PIazza Venezia and then another up the hill. Was then forced, forced I say, to buy carciofi fritti (deep fried battered artichoke hearts) to regains my strength. Got lots of good work done, I just adore the American Academy library. HAd lunch with David and LIsa and another lady called Flavia (one of my favourite Iatlian names) Then had a long discussion about my paper with David, which I was a bit worried about but turned out to be really good (the discussion not the paper haha) well actually the paper is ok just needs some work and now I a know where I am going it should be easier. So after that I wlaked back to the school, takes about an hour and a quarter but it is a gorgeous walk, it goes American Academy - Acqua Paolo and gorgeous view of Rome right ot the moutnains beyond, down an old staircase - past the Bosco Parrasio (18th century theatre garden) - through Trastevere - across the Tiber - up via Giulia - past San Giovanni dei Fiorentini - up via dei coronari (where all teh antisue shops are) - through little back streets to Piazza Navona - through to via della Scrofa - up thh corso to Piazza del Popolo then home.

Monday
Worked in the library all day, then watched "before sunrise", hand't seen it since it came out over 10 years ago Yikes! it was really good watching it again, I was never one of the addicted ones, but then seeing it again after I have travelled, and have had that experience of meeting a person who you just click with and wander around an amazing city and just chat all day made me Love! it more. Then me and Alex decided to watch the next one, which was less satisfying, but still good, made me think alot about how you dream of re-capturing moments or meeting some person again and then what would happen if you actually did.

Anyway, then me and will had a good chat about it nextmorning over breakfast, between adding dessert spoons of sugar to our coffee and dropping our food, I think we are the two most un-morning people who actually make it to breakfast. haha bless Love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely blog entry! I am so enjoying hearing about your Roman adventures. Today it's pouring and grey in Melbourne - very odd, but kind of nice. I went to pilates last night Trina and I SUCK at it! But that's ok, it made me feel virtuous. Stomach still not flat. Will keep you posted. Speaking of, keep posting. Love you, miss you lots xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roro