Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The paper

OK update time!! THe last few days have been bloody amazing, I am so hyped and happy, weeeee.

But first things first.

Wednesday was opening night of the conference, Had a great lecture by Edward Corp on the Stuart court in Rome in the 18th century. Then dinner, met great people, dircetor of christies, director of the scottish portrait gallery, both lovely. Also one of the head honchos of the English National Trust.

Thrusday was paper day, eek, was sooo nervous, but still enjoyed the mroning sessions, it was such a good conference, I honestlyenjoyed all the papers, a few people went a bit over, but it was all interesting and that NEVER happens!

After lunch had my paper and my talk went so well, eeee, I am really excited. I got more questions than anyone else (during the whole conference!) and afterwards I had about three directors of important institutions congratulating me and saying they were convinced by my research. Plus all my artist friends came to hear me and said they loved it and it was all clear and interesting. Ahhh such a relief, but also so great to have such good feedback.

I am like this Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Even the durector of the Hertziana who is an absokute expert in my architect and one of the most important people in Rome was so charming and really interested and we have had lots of chats about my work. eeek all these professors and directors have kept talking to me about how new and exciting my work is and how I have a coined a new terminology and driection in garden research. Argh I could not have imagined every doing this well.

Ahhhhhh.

More soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! The unsung genius is finally being sung..:)
Love
Naomi.

Anonymous said...

This is so excitling! Of course you are deserving of accolades, but how GREAT to get such fantastic feedback on your work from such esteemed people. You're inside the academic community now, there's no way out. You've coined a new terminology!?!?!?!?!?!? You didn't tell me that!

I'm really really happy for you, darling. You're famous and brilliant. Many congratulatory hugs and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine on, you crazy diamond ... R

Katya said...

love you both xoxoxoxoxoxo