aw my picture page has gone, you all have to go back and look at my photos mmm-kay.
More updates.
Rest of Saturday was good, went to the 18th century exhibition with the curator at the Palazzo Venezia, was good but I staretd to completely go to sleep, utterly and impossibly tired, but was trying to stay because the curator was so nice. Then walked home with Edward Corp who is professor at Toulouse and writes alot on music and we had the best chat about my work and his work and the area in general. Gah so good, and such such a nice man.
Then I had an hour before going out again so I plonked in the tv room with Ian and watched the olympics and he made me tea, bless.
Then we had drinks at one of the speakers apartments, bloody unbelievable place, full of beautiful 17th and 18th century art and antiques. We drank Veuve Clicquot and ate delicious snacks and I got to chat to more illustrious types.
Then a smaller group went off for yummy dinner, and one of the speakers paid for my dinner 8) and my taxis 8) he was such a flirt, so too old for me even if I was available. But lovely and charming and english, haha, fun times.
Went to bed early and then mooched all sunday morning, watched eastenders, then because the wetaher was gorgeous me and Ian walked down to the market near the mausoleum of Augustus, so unbelievable, all this vintage stuff, postcards, clothes, hats eek, not heaps cheap though. So we just looked and I tried on all the hugest sunglasses I could find, haha.
Then I made him look at churches, I am trying to convince him of the delicious goodness of the Baroque, went and said hello to Raphael at his tomb in the Pantheon, saw Caravaggios, felt too cultured and got ice cream (tiramisu :drool: ).
Walked to the campo dei fiori and stopped for a campari at this bar and ate peanuts they have these big barrels and you just crush them and leave the shells all over the place. Then campari turned into a whole bottle of wine. oops. Then we went back for drink at the director's apartment, then dinner, then we had a photo show of my silly pictures, and ended up shotting vodka. I don't know when I went to bed, it was late.
So yeah yesterday was quieter. Cept other Will is back now, hurrah, we all played scrabble.
Hereford
6 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment