Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Office

Here is the office I work in at uni. I share it with mum. It is her office but she has two desks so I get to use one. It is ever so useful. I often get very distracted at home by stuff, like housework and the fast internet. And just feel less in the zone sitting in my lounge tapping away.


This is the plant - there are two begonias a flat leaf and a crinkle leaf. But mr flat leaf is dominant. It had lived on my kitchen table but didn't get quite enough sun. It loves the sun.


The crinkly leaves. They look like stained glass with the sun coming through.

These are our PhD Witches. They represent our progress. You will notice they are nearly at the top of the filing cabinet. Go us.


Mum's desk. Nice and tidy with handcreams and jurlique spray.

My desk: messy with abandoned plastic bags. But I think it makes me look pretty busy.

I even use the floor for storage.

The flowers outside, not sure what they are but in winter they chop them right off so there are no leaves and barely any branches and then they spring back into life and flower in late summer (I took this pic at the end of feb).




1 comment:

[Annika Ooh] said...

We call them "pride of india". I have two big ones, like trees. A pink and a purple. Yes, if you cut them back, they will flower and bush up nicer each year.