Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Breakfast and a Rose

I woke up early on Saturday and then lay on the couch for a while feeling depressed about the fact I didn't want to go running. Then I got into my running gear and still felt unmotivated so I decided to just go and buy some bread, but when I got outside I felt like a run so I did, until I hurt my knee and got cramps. Clearly I should have listened to my intuition.

This is my breakfast, in case you are wondering: yes I do balance it precariously on the couch arm, and yes my plate does have cavorting cows on it and yes that is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer mug.



I found a rose on my way home on the footpath so I now have it on my desk.

It is propped up on those boxes as that is the only spare space.

I went to the gallery for a lecture by Harrell Fletcher, he is an American artist and I love him a bit. His work is all about other people, and often created by other people. He made a public sculpture in France to the design of an 8 year old boy who wanted to make a solid gold turtle and paint it green. In the end he settled for solid bronze. You can see it here. Also look at his website where he and another artist set assignments for people to do. I like the videos, you *must* watch this one of someone acting out a scene from ET, hilarious.

I took a photo of one of the buildings I like on Treasury place. I think it is very underrated, I like the arched doorways.


Later on I went shopping for a laptop bag but all I ended up with was rage against ugly/overpriced bags and against Myer being so overheated. So I went to the wine shop instead and drank Rose.

No comments: