Well I am in Italy, Florence to be precise. It is very nice and I am adjusting o.k. I was so stressed about this trip but now I am here I feel much more relaxed. The trip was sooooo long I think about 35 hours door to door, gah! I just conked out at about 5:30 on the day I arrived. Though that was after having to find a bus and catch it out into teh country side to go to Villa I Tatti to meet Joseph Connors. It is a villa turned research centre. I had lunch there, which was very nice. The walls are covered in 15th century art and the conversation veered between English and Italian and I think I sat there looking a bit shell shocked and mumbling. Joe Connors was lovely and set aside time to show me around the library.
I have caught up with one of my uni friends who is here though, it is funny in Melbourne he is just someone I see around and don't really hang out with but here in Italy I was really glad to see him.
The apartment I am staying in is very nice and close to lots of stuff. I have been eating lots of pastries and pizza and drinking coffee, though I have also been walking everywhere so hopefully it will balance out.
Anyway I will update more stuff later as I am in an internet cafe with limited time and I want to catch up on other people's journals.


No comments:
Post a Comment