Pages

Monday, November 22, 2004

I actually have interesting stuff to write, but I never have time (or internet) to write it all.

Well I am in Turin now, it is cold, you can see the Mountains with snow on them from the centre of the city. It is a pretty city, though there is a lot of work going on at the moment because the next winter Olympics will be here in 2006. I got here on Saturday, and when I changed trains at Milan I had to run most of the way across the station to change trains as mine arrived late, with my huge suitcase, and up stairs, it was so hard, but I made it.

I will hopefully stop in Milan on my way back to Rome if I book a cheap hotel, then stop in Padua and then down to Rome where I can feel more settled. It is kinda fun but also kinda lonely travelling alone. For instance I don't really want to go out at night on my own because it feels a bit dangerous so because it gets dark around 5:30 I basically spend the whole night watching Italian t.v. or reading. Man they have some weird shows here, and all of them tend to have some women with big boobs in high heels and not much else.

Well it will be better in Rome because I will know some people and hopefully meet some people so I can go out more.

I do have lovely photos though. This staircase is by Filippo Juvarra (18th century) and is tacked onto the front of the medieval castle, and I was so excited to go and see it.



DIY tourist snap.

Arcades, there are miles and miles of them. Very civilised.

No comments: