VicenzaThe Teatro Olimpico, another art history fan girl moment 'OMG I am in Palladio's theatre!'
A dwarf on the wall of the Villa ai Nani (nani mean dwarf). Cute.
Padua
This is the only photo I took, was so rainy and I was so grumpy.
I spent most of my time in the Pinacoteca (art gallery). I went to see Giotto's Arena Chapel, which was gorgeous. I was actually worried they wouldn't let me in as it is climate controlled, anti humidity etc and I was quite wet from the rain. But they didn't seem to notice/mind. It was really beautiful, I had studied it so extensively that I remembered all the stories and the important scenes. I then went into the art gallery and was probably the only person there with about 50 staff. They followed me around (out of boredom rather than suspicion I think) kept stopping me and telling me I hadn't looked at every picture, or hadn't spent enough time looking at one their finest masterpieces. Drives you crazy. In other news I have sussed out another lovely self serve restaurant for dinner.
Archibald Art winners 2026 in Shepparton
17 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment