It feels like such a grind to get out words at the moment. Plus I am a little sleepy from getting up at 3:45am to watch the Inauguration (thanks Roey). I really enjoyed it, I was tempted to stay in bed but the message 'Wake up. History is happening' made me giggle and get up, after first thinking 'well history will be repeated on SBS tomorrow.'
Now trying to get away from moments in democracy and concentrate on moments in absolutism at the court of Louis XIV. Obama is a snappy dresser but I can't see him in this kind of get up:
Though that whole long perspective view of Washington that kept appearing is in the tradition of the long perspectival vistas that you could argue reached their apogee at Versailles.
See how I have the ability to relate everything back to my thesis? Not very healthy.
xxx
Hereford
6 hours ago

2 comments:
Hooray for you and for Obama! I like this post very much. Glad the text was not received grumpily too!
"History never repeats/ I tell myself before I go to sleep."
What is that song? Apt though, right?
xxxxxxxx
Very apt! I was glad to get the text as I was so tired before bed that I decided not to set the alarm, but then it was surprisingly easy to get up. Though it all felts lightly surreal, like a waking dream as I slept for three hours either side.
Post a Comment