| I am trying to do some work today, not very motivated but I have a deadline tomorrow, tomorrow! It is for a US publication so I guess they aren't in summer mode, but it is only a chapter plan so not too stressful, problem is I'm not too sure what it should be like. I write them for myself but they are usually just dot points and I assume they want a bit more than that. I went to see the Andreas Gursky exhibition at the NGV yesterday, it was good, but not amazing. As an artist he makes me think of people like Jeff Koons, the works are big and impressive but don't really stimulate much thought once you have figured out what the image is of. Some were much more impressive than others. I noticed one of my friends is doing a floortalk so maybe I will ask her about it. Also I spose they are a sort of pure visual experience and they are very much about place, and I do like both those things so I maybe I judge too rashly. I saw John Clark there though, that was exciting, I sort of followed him surreptitiously hoping he would say something witty. I liked this one of Niagra falls. ![]() But this one not so much, there were three of these (in an exhibit with only about 20 works, they just look like advertising. ![]() |
Hereford
6 hours ago



No comments:
Post a Comment