Pages

Saturday, January 06, 2007

When in Rome....

Ah rome, I am in love with this place. I am so tired right now, though I just got invited to drinks and the little party lady in me was saying 'go go go' but the responsible course tutor was saying 'you have to get up at 7am and you have been up since 2am'. So here I am in bed on the net which is rather luxurious.
Today has been lovely.
Well it started rather early with a choice betweena bad omelette or spicy fish for breakfast at 2am Rome time whilst somewhere over eastern europe.
Then we had a lost bag, grr. Poor girl, first intro to europe is they sent her bag to London Shake Fist!
But then we did a lovely walk to the pincio to look out across Rome. It is so breathtaking I love taking people there, it is so beautiful.
Pictures.....
Image
( I am taking as many pictures of the lecturer pointing as possible teehee)
Image


More pictures...

Image
Honestly?!

Image

Villa Medici and Roman umbrella pine ( and beautiful blue sky, the weather is gorgeous)

Image
San Trinita dei Monti, has been covered in scaffolding and a vodafone ad for two years so is now beautiful.

Image
baby cheeses!

Image
eat your heart out myer as Bulgari does christmas windows.

Image
Romans at their coffee, I just realised you can see my reflection.

Image

Image

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're wearing your white coat :)
Love you chickadee, and very glad to hear you are safe and well after the flight.
Why does the little train have a cow catcher?
I very much like the picture of the busts - the detail in the hair is remarkable.
Love
Nomes.

Anonymous said...

You are very good to update your blog so we can have vicarious Roman holidays.

Perhaps now you can see what my cousin meant when she told you Rome was dirty!! ('You'll see what i mean when you get there..')

Lots love darling, keep posting xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roro