Pages

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Dallying along in the country

My first few days have been very nice. Up early with the cat, I always plan to head back to bed but I find getting up and feeding the cat just wakes me up. I have been working through my thesis, making good progress at the moment, though I know the later chapter need more work. I have been wondering around the garden a lot. Being in the country was meant to be less distracting but instead I find myself outside looking at flowers or checking the raspberry patch.

 Breakfast on the deck, toast, coffee, figs and the Times Literary Supplement.

 Behold my fig!

Behold my breakfast view.

 Yesterday I bought a new scarf at a junk shop, I like it a lot.


Sleeping in the sun. (This is fake, the sun is quite strong and I am very pale and have already got a little burnt, after I took this I put my enormous hat and sunglasses back on.

 Flowers, I like the orange a lot.

 Arty flower shot.


 Pink roses, I have been making some nice vases of fresh flowers.

 Lunch and reading, I finished that book today, so I am off to a good start on my plan to read more.

 Gin and Tonic time! I have made a delicious pesto from the cookbook underneath, capers and walnuts. I am going to have some more now. Yum.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Can't wait to come visit! We should make scones and have a tea party!

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

I love the scarf and the beautiful artistic flower shots...

Katya, I have nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award! Check out my blog for more details: http://misskitty-catgoestotown.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html