Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Cat who thinks he is a Dog

I have been gathering evidence that the cat I am minding actually thinks he is a dog, or is perhaps a dog trapped in a cat's body.

Here he is being cat-like because every time I try and take a photo of him being a dog he composes himself and looks all serene and self satisfied.

Reasons why he is a dog:

1. He runs out to meet people when they arrive, not just people he knows either, pretty much anyone.
2. He constantly rolls in the dirt.
3. He wants everyone to scratch his tummy.
4. He chews on shoes.
5. He comes when he is called.
6. If you pat the seat next to you he jumps up immediately.
7. He eats his dinner really fast.
8. I once fed him outside and he buried his dinner.
9. He constantly runs up and head buts me.
10. He follows you round the house and garden while you are doing things.
11. If he sleeps on the bed he doesn't try and slowly take up the whole bed by stretching himself at weird angles.



Maybe these are cat-like qualities but none of the cats I have ever owned did them, usually they just sat around looking at me like I was an idiot, chased birds and occasionally deigned to sit on my lap.

Hope you are having a nice Saturday. I am off to to eat blueberries and yoghurt with a silver spoon.

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

I agree with you - that's definitely a set of dog qualities!