It is the weekend and the semester break, thank goodness! Not that my teaching is particularly onerous but I am feeling frustrated at the lack of progress on my thesis corrections. I basically get two good days a week. I want to power through several chapters over the break and hopefully get all done by mid-October. It is all dragging far too much and making me feel quite down and hopeless. I also need to get my arse into gear and start scanning and sourcing the missing images, somehow I have ended up with about 500 images for my thesis. FIVE HUNDRED. Ridiculous. Every time I try to cull my supervisor ends up saying I need more. Stupid image based arguments, they seemed like a great idea til I had to actually make my image catalogue.
Anyway, enough whinging. Here are some photos from last weekend that I took and meant to post but then forgot about.
Chickens at the Collingwood Children's farm, I went to the Farmers' Market but the chickens were more interesting.
Here is one making what I like to call a fat face, when you pull your head into your neck and make it look twice as big, and self satisfied. My pet chickens used to do it all the time.
Silky bantams. I owned a lot of these over a long period of time. One of mine lived to be over 10 years old. True story.
Lambs.
The flock. They look like little clouds, or fairy floss with legs.
I found this camellia on a back street in Abbotsford and liked the pattern.
A magnolia.
I liked this blue house and its blossoms.
This is the banana cake I made on Sunday, I used double the amount of bananas. Crazy.
Now I am considering some more tea and how to plan this weekend.
xx


2 comments:
the silkies are incredible! total cloud birds.
I know! Such adorable chickens. I had a rooster version once and it was actually really aggressive, but then I did name it and its mate 'Bonnie and Clyde' so maybe it was conditioning...
Post a Comment