Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Croissants, sunshine, apples, shoes

FINALLY we had some weather over 20 degrees in Melbourne today, it was sunny, and I wore a t-shirt with nothing else! Well actually I did wear trousers as well, and shoes, and underwear.. but you get my drift. I finished another chapter on Saturday, and by finished I mean super polished, no unfinished references, to all intents and purposes, ready to be hand in. Now I am 5 down and 4 to go, but the final 4 are the longest. The next one in particular I am worried will be a slog, I need to chop out maybe 3-4k of words. I also have marking, I made a start today, I always forget how hard it is to get into the swing. This marking is also harder as it involves writing up to half a page of comments for each assignment. I am a great believer in comments and feedback, except when I have a blank page and an assignment and no idea what to write. I will have to get stuck in tomorrow and do the rest. Wish me luck.

A chocolate croissant and a slice of sourdough with plum jam. I bought both at Fatto a Mano on Gertrude. Delicious.

Close up croissant. Buttery goodness.

Tea and african violets.

I went to the market on one of the Melb Bike Rental bikes. It was fun as the ride is all downhill. I am just getting back into riding and I had forgotten how many pedestrians seem to think I am angling to run them down. By preference I ride on the road, but in some places there is just no space for bikes, plus for these bikes you generally have to ride on the pavement to and from the stand. I was coasting slowly behind a group as I felt it was rude to tell them to get out of my way, and I was nearly there so just coasting at walking pace. When they noticed me they grabbed each other out of the way like I was an express train and told me off for not having using my bell. Not that these bikes have bells (why not??), but even so I was happy waiting till they turned the corner. Argh. I am planning another post soon with my thought about these bikes.

Here I am on a walk later, having an apple, enjoying the sun, working the leopard print and listening to the Dave Gorman podcast, I love it, very funny. You can download it here and if you really should. I like to listen to funny things on mornings when I have to get up early and head to uni, cheers me up.

Isn't this car the cutest thing ever. I found it on my walk. So yellow and boxlike.

Today I went for a long walk to South Yarra and visited an open garden, and enjoyed the sun.
 Today's apple, so shiny and red, pretty much a cliche apple.

 My new white shoes from Target. They were dazzling in the sunshine.

 Mmm, this apple is tasty.

 Ohh look the new sports stadium near the river, looking like some kind of alien spacecraft.

The pool in the open garden. I have jealousy.

1 comment:

CL said...

I've never used the Melbourne bikes before, don't they cost money? Everywhere else I've seen them in the world has them free. (Well, China and Colorado do anyway.)

And yep, the photo with the girl in it is my beautiful campus!
x