Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas


Had a lovely day yesterday, despite feeling stressed in the morning. Last year I remember being so stressed all day. But this year I just relaxed and discouraged my inner perfectionist. I often get anxious cooking with others as I like to do things MY WAY. But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. Anyhoo I obviously took photos, mainly of food.

My wrapping, I honed my skills at David Jones c. 2000. I love wrapping presents. This year I also remembered to buy loads of ribbon (9metres) I usually only buy about 2m as, you know, that sounds like heaps but you often need 1m per present. My other tips are to fold the cut edge under, use double sided tape and use less rather than more paper. I also buy bags of offcuts of pretty paper from art shops (I got some from Melbourne Artist Supplies in Lt Latrobe St).



Time for champagne and present opening. I got some lovely gifts, many of them were food oriented. NOM. I also got books, love books. Will post about some of my summer reads in a few days.
Mum is laughing at that dog under the tree, it sing and flaps its ears. It is hilarious. You can also see the lovely tree, it is about 3 years old now and has been growing quickly. I pruned it last January as it was getting lopsided and it has grown into a lovely shape, so naturally I feel very pleased with myself.
Hamish wasn't allowed to come in to open presents so he slept in the sun (he got a nice lamb shank later though).
The bbq is fired up. For a house full of feminists it was all rather divided down tradition gender lines. Men at the barbie, ladies making salad in the kitchen.
Mum and Dad's fantastic 70s tablecloth in the dappled sunlight.

Hamish helping out.

Fish and sauasages.
Home made pumpkin bread from my uncle.

Pumpkin bread made by my uncle.

Prawns and scallops.

Snapper.

Fennel and white bean salad.

Strawberry, almond and spinach salad. So delicious, must get the recipe from my sister.

The spread.

'Hey guys do I get some ham?'


My amazing cheesecake, a recipe from my nanna and a Christmas classic.

Platter of fruit, apparently it is summer fruit but I could have sworn my brother said he was bringin 'sumo fruit' so I had a mental image of fat strawberries in nappies wrestling. Nevermind.

Christmas shoes!

I am off to the city now, perhaps unwisely but I heard a rumour that Kit has nail polish on sale.

1 comment:

briony said...

ohmygod the food looks amazing! i didn't take any photos of christmas food, damn! xx