Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Had a good weekend. Took both days off as always despite promises to do some reading one day.

Saturday I mooched around doing some knitting, reading, internetting, I am trying to set up a new blog to write about art, design, architecture etc. I shouldn't really it is a terrible distraction.

Then Mark and I went to a Spanish wine tasting (8 red wines in the afternoon Yikes! )
They were amazing, the last one was a $173 bottle, mmmm, I finished all of that taste.

Then we dashed off to a gallery opening in Prahran, took bloody forever because apparently Connex has never experienced a rush after a football game. go figure.

The show was great, it was by a Melbourne artist Jon Campbell whose work I love, he made this, which is up in Melbourne somewhere Image

The work was all about text, only about five pieces in all. Does anyone else have memories of being told in school art classes that text was absolutely not allowed in you art? I do, it was called lazy, as though we were falling back on written description for what should be done in images. I felt the look of the text in the exhibition actually explored the way that text can be so visually different, i.e. t vs t . Or the way a word can encompass a whole set of imagining around an abstract concept.

I drank a glass of champagne and after the tasting that made me feel woozy. Mark was going to a concert but I didn't feel like it so I went out for dinner with the gallery crew. Went to a brilliant pub in the backstreets of Prahran, I had pizza and a lot of Pinot. Then Jarrod kidnapped me and made me go back to his and Tara's to drink a whole bottle of fancy red. We reminisced about Rome (we met there in 2000 same time I met Mark). And then I spent the rest of my weekend money on a taxi home.

Sunday I struggled out of bed at 10 because Mum was coming over at 11 with all her fresh basil so we could make pesto. We made it and it was yummy. Then we went with Mark to a concert, twas lovely, then Mark was going to another but I had tiredness so mum dropped me home. I knitted some more, watched Emma and ate pesto.

2 comments:

L said...

mmm fresh pesto is the best!

ps i changed my blog address. i dont know if it updates automatically since its still at blogger

Katya said...

Not sure, if i click on your name on the comment it says not available. Can you post/email the new address?