Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008


I am always lamenting the lack of art I want to see here.
There is good stuff, but at the end of the day a room
of 18th century paintings verses the palaces and
museums full of them in places like Italy, England,
the US etc, just doesn't compare. It is understandable
in a sense considering when our galleries began. But
I am also struck by the lack of good design exhibitions,
once again we obviously don't have quite the grounding
of other countries, but nonetheless I think there often
just is not appreciation for such exhibitions. The
upcoming V&A Art Deco travelling exhibit at the NGV
will have a lot, but it is a HUGE deal and all the gallery
people keep talking about it as though no one has ever
seen anything except for a painting in an exhibit before.

This is an exhibition at the Cooper Hewitt Museum
in the States, such beautiful things and so inspiring.



Image Image Image Image Image

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to use the word lament!