Back! Had an excellent time. I am going to write out my whole trip here as much as possible. I meant to keep a diary but it frankly felt like too much work and ate into precious novel reading time and sunbaking time.
Day 1. Drive to Holbrook
Quite uneventful, just mooching in car. Had our first introduction to The Russian Enigma. We got to Holbrook just north of the NSW border a little after 8pm, had dinner and just crashed out really.
Day 2. Drive Holbrook-Gundagi-Goulbourn-Katoomba
Got up early (this was a theme of the trip, I was most impressed with myself). Drove down the road and found.........
A Submarine! Yes, miles from the coast.

Mum and Dad on submarine
A mini-model
Why it is there.
From Holbrook we drove to Gundagi to see dog on tuckerbox and drink some overpriced, overmilked coffee in a mug, a rural Australian speciality.
Dog on box.
Would you eat at that Picnic Area?![]()
FRom there we went to Goulburn for lunch and I was excited to add the first BIG landmark to my collection.
Behold the BIG MERINO WITH DOUBLE CHINS SYMBOL OF GOULBURN!!!!

I am afraid.
THere was a nice fountain though
I lay in the sun and read the paper (I can never move to sydney as the SMH doesn't have a general knowledge crossword on saturday).
THen we dove to Katoomba, I last went there absolutely years ago, it is so beautiful.


That evening we decided to eat out and went to the local RSL, which was fun, I had fish and chips and beer, and got beer for one dollar! I forgive the RSL its eye blindingly bad carpet for my $1 beer.
Hereford
6 hours ago

1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful time. I'm glad you're back! See you soon bambina xxx R
Post a Comment