Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blackberry crumble cake and city life

I have had a noisy week back in the city. Not sure if I am just over sensitive, but then there have literally been workers outside my kitchen window with power tools most days this week, so I guess not (they just started up again, have been going for over 10 hours today I am going MAD). On Monday and Tuesday I chased up thesis loose ends, mostly footnotes without page numbers, mostly found with success. I did delete one sentence as I simply could not find the text I was referring to, made harder by the fact it was in French and in a 750 page 18th century book without an index, it was only a small point and I don't think its loss matters. It did remind me though to NEVER EVER leave a reference without a page number, just don't do it kids.

I had hoped to hand in the thesis this week but I only just got the final copy sent off to supervisor as a pdf for a final look over so he can sign it off, so realistically with him needing at least a day and me needing to print a lot of paper, it will be next week before I can go and buy some expensive champagne.

I have been back into the ole yoga and pilates in a big way, and I am really feeling it after 6 weeks of nothing, but it is a good feeling. Also been riding my bike, today I did it in a maxi dress and sandals, keepin it stylish as always. This is the dress, I should take a full photo but I seem to be deeply hopeless at posing so you just get a glimpse. Pretty non?


In other news I made a super delicious cake. I had picked loads of wild blackberries in Daylesford, more than I could reasonably eat. I adapted it from this recipe for a Apple and Blueberry cake, I just added blackberries instead. the crumble was all crunchy on top and the cake was very moist, delicious. Tempted to make it with another kind of fruit. here's a pic of it with blackberries just tipped on and a slice of the finished product, i did have some nicer photos but my computer crashed while I was uploading and the files are corrupted.



My friends I was house sitting for were pleased, though they said the cat now seems to think he is allowed to sleep on the bed, I denied any involvement. ;-)



How has everyone else's week been?

2 comments:

Donna said...

yum! Cake looks delish :)

Jaztee said...

I'm jealous of both the cake and the cat!