Pages

Thursday, June 03, 2010

How to write like a...

I was googling something the other day that started with 'How to write..' I actually can't remember exactly what now as I was distracted by the hilarious suggestions that came up*.
The top one is 'shakespeare', I guess that is understandable, as are the other author based ones. It delights me that so many people want to write like Dr Seuss, but slightly worries me that so many are trying to write like Hemingway. The second one is funny. I could imagine 'How to draw like an architect'? But write? I guess they write, is it a special pretentious style with lots of black rimmed edges? Clearly a lot more people are having issues writing like a girl than a boy (or woman or man). I thought writing like a girl was easy, just add little smilies over the 'i's.
The funniest one has to be 'edward cullen' though. Seriously people googling it enough to make it in the Top Ten? He is a CHARACTER in a piece of writing that isn't even a very good piece of writing!! Anyway that is my musing for the day.


*I admit I was trying to work out how to write like a gangster, what'up hoes?

3 comments:

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Shows that boys realise girls love a vampire I guess!!

Katya said...

Perhaps, I wonder if they are the same boys trying to work out how to write like a girl?!

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

I think you might be onto something there...