On Saturday morning I schlepped on down to the Farmer's market at the Abbotsford Convent, which I love and I wish it was on every weekend instead of once a month (though there is also one across the road at the Collingwood Children's Farm once a month too). I would quite like to take my proper camera down but I think it would get in the way of my shopping. Anyhoo these are just diary snaps really. It was cold and sunny and rainy all at once.
My vegies, lots of green stuff. Cavolo Nero or Tuscan Cabbage or Kale or whatever you want to call it is one of new favourite vegetables. I use to eat it a lot in Italy but I had never cooked it before about a month ago. I put some of it in my cauliflower, potato and leek soup on Saturday. I feel a bit odd buying silverbeet as usually Mum has lots of it at her place but as she is off gallivanting around the UK I have to buy it myself (but at $2 for an enormous bunch I think I will cope).Broccoli and secret vegetables (beetroot, mushrooms, swedes etc).
Getting coffee is one of the highlights of my visit, easily pleased. I buy them from one of the stalls who also sell coffee beans, I can't remember the name though... I also bought a chocolate croissant from the Convent Bakery and it was ok but not great for $4, very cold and sort of flat tasting. I have to admit that I am not really much of a fan of the convent bakery, they seem expensive but a bit average and it takes forever to get coffee and two out of the last three times I have been there they have forgotten my order. Anyhoo. About two seconds after I took this photo the heavens opened and I had to duck into a doorway, which had some fancy columns but I didn't take a photo. You will just have to imagine me in jeans and a pink cashmere jumper and a bright yellow woolen beret while scoffing a chocolate croissant and looking whimsical or maybe just cold.
xK

No comments:
Post a Comment