Finished some more marking, took ages as I have felt so off colour all weekend. So hard to write articulate comments when your head seems full of cotton wool. Figure I have about a week and a half free now to try and get chapter 2 finished, then it will be basically editing. But so much for having the draft done by end of October. Oh well.
Feelings of hopelessness have been compounded by having a paper sort of rejected, or at least sent back with what I think are rude comments, but Mark thinks are reasonable. Urgh. I really hoped I would have learnt to be able to write properly and assess my own work properly after five years of Phd-ing. Obviously not.
In good news I made delicious choc chip biscuits and have been watering the lemon tree and hydrangeas outside the apartement block and both have started to flower.
Archibald Art winners 2026 in Shepparton
17 hours ago

1 comment:
Bon courage, ma belle!
I remember telling my supervisor about getting the peer reviews back from MJP. He knew I'd subsequently been published, but I hadn't said anything about it. He just said, 'Were you devastated?' Such a weird thing to hear from a 70-odd-year-old academic, but there you go. He talked about it like it was a universally traumatic experience.
The self-help books say, don't sweat the small stuff. And if they aren't right, then who can we turn to?
Love you lots xxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment