Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Finished some more marking, took ages as I have felt so off colour all weekend. So hard to write articulate comments when your head seems full of cotton wool. Figure I have about a week and a half free now to try and get chapter 2 finished, then it will be basically editing. But so much for having the draft done by end of October. Oh well.

Feelings of hopelessness have been compounded by having a paper sort of rejected, or at least sent back with what I think are rude comments, but Mark thinks are reasonable. Urgh. I really hoped I would have learnt to be able to write properly and assess my own work properly after five years of Phd-ing. Obviously not.

In good news I made delicious choc chip biscuits and have been watering the lemon tree and hydrangeas outside the apartement block and both have started to flower.

1 comment:

Rowan the human said...

Bon courage, ma belle!

I remember telling my supervisor about getting the peer reviews back from MJP. He knew I'd subsequently been published, but I hadn't said anything about it. He just said, 'Were you devastated?' Such a weird thing to hear from a 70-odd-year-old academic, but there you go. He talked about it like it was a universally traumatic experience.

The self-help books say, don't sweat the small stuff. And if they aren't right, then who can we turn to?

Love you lots xxxxxxxxxx