I swam for a whole hour and feel much better, havent' actually done much work, but I feel better about it, actually that doesn't sound so good, ha.
I should avoid lunchtime swims though, too many people. Plus far too many men who will not swim in the slow lane despite the fact that they are slower than a floating brick. I am no olympian but when doing freestyle I easily overtake slow breast strokers. Also the fast and slow lanes had about 8 people in each which is a lot for a 25m pool, but the slow lane was empty, so I just went there instead.
Now I absolutely have to do some marking, I am dreading it as I am so confused about the essay topics for this course, they are far too broad and just really bad. They are meant to be for research essays but neither really asks a research question. Plus I got no help for ages out of the course coordinators about how they wanted the essay plans marked, I would have assumed that we would mark them generously as they are more about giving students guidance than marking them on writing skills. I am still not sure really, I asked if they were to get letter marks or just out of 10 and no one knew. Grr.
Anyways I am actually bored of ranting about this subject, it is just endlessly rantable and it never gets better.
Hereford
6 hours ago

2 comments:
On behalf of breast stroke - surely the sexiest swim style of them all - I would like to say that it always seems you're swimming faster than you actually are.
Get marking, lady! I'm looking forward to the visit that will come of those hard-earned dollars! Start looking out for airline sales (maybe they're of the past now that the second Great Depression is upon us, I don't know).
You will LOVE Bangkok. Now I have to go pack as I'm off to Cambodia tomorrow for actual fun. The first time leaving BKK since I got here, work trips excluded.
Love-oo! From the Me.
PS Russell and Teresa are over?! QUEL SHOCK!!! I thought they were weddings and babies for sure. Also, I like Simon Amstell.
Yes i love Simon Amstell, he is great, I am only halfway through the espisode.
I am saving my pennies as best I can, you know what is crazy though, I could go to Johannesburg on my frequent flyers but not Bangkok, what is that about?
I really want to come, it must happen.
Hope all goes well and you are enjoying your sukiyaki wahteer it is.
xxxxx
Post a Comment