Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

conference

Well yesterday was a big success, I have just returned all our glasses and empty bottles to the wine people so i feel it is all done finally! My office smelt like a brewery crossed with a winery this morning though, The day just went so smoothly, no realy hiccups, only 1 technology problem and lots of audience in all the papers. Some how we managed to get 44 papers to run on time and everyone really enjoyed themselves, the sun even came out for our BBQ at the end of the day. We had the biggest turn out yet, and also the biggest nukber of people to stay behind for our drinks and BBQ, I think we had about 70 people and we didn't run out of booze or food later either. One speaker even asked if I was in events and media management We also launched our new journal (http://www.melbourneartjournal.unimelb.edu.au/E-MAJ/index.htm) and I was asked to make a speech about it because all the other editors were too shy, but it went well and everyone laughed at my joke too.

Now with a sigh of relief I can go back to my PhD.

No comments: