Taught today, it was good, we were looking at the gardens of Stowe and also Little Sparta by Ian Hamilton Finlay, I really love this garden it works so amazingly well. Although I haven’t actually seen it in the flesh which one should really do with spaces such as gardens, I just love his approach. Finlay includes such subtleties in his garden art, poems and allusions to the classical gardens and the classical world. Some of them are a bit esoteric, but most are readily understandable. I like the way, as one of my students pointed out, all the objects he inserts into the landscape tend to draw you into a ‘conversation’ with that landscape, without the surrounding landscape the meaning would be completely changed.
This evening I went to the Melbourne fashion festival with sarah, as her photographer. It was lots of fun, I got some good shots too. It was pretty funnny standing up on the media platform with all the big newspaper and t.v. people with their huge cameras and me with my tiny digicam. I loved some of those shows too. The Nicola Finetti dresses were gorgeous, not particularly unusual but very elegant, lots of draping and light fabrics. I loved the Shag show too, lots of oversized sunnies, in fact lots of oversized everything. Sarah wasn’t so sure, she did make the good point that no one would really wear those clothes, but I think it would be fab if everyone did! Especially outfits like this! (insert furr one) One of the models carried a flower printed parasol too which was absolutely gorgeous.
I also quite like the Prime show which was basically sportswear but it was very fun and funky, suddenly made me want to get about in tennis skirts and short shorts and diamond print tops with a 50s tennis raquet as an accessory.
And the bikini show at the start was good, Flamingo Sands, loved it and am definitely buying a bikini this year, wearing it with a flowy kaftan, a big hat and big sunnies.
Hereford
6 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment