| So anyways last night we had a lecture by my supervisor. Then I was made to sit at the 'art historians' table at dinner and it was so boring, so so boring, talking about my work constantly doing the stupid chit chat thing that I just had this huge stress out about why I am doing what I am doing. So then I had a drink and a long chat with one of the artists here and it was so good, I finally feel as though I don't 'have' to do anything to prove anything to anyone. Not that I won't finish my PhD but I realised it doesn't have to be perfect, and I don't have to be perfect. So today I didn't bother with the library I went out with two friends here and we had the most wonderful day, just wandered in Rome, did what we wanted, I didn't feel the need to analyse things and I realised it is the first time I have really felt happy and relaxed and having fun in ages. Of course I have had fun, but this was just one of those really nice days when you feel content and you feel relaxed and I could be myself and well, it was good. |
| |
Hereford
6 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment