I did almost nothing on Saturday. I don't think I even left the apartment. I did sort some papers, well I put them in piles, and then into different piles. I haven't actually put any away yet as it just became too boring. I also found I had a huge pile of paper used only on one side, much more than I could store. Luckily mum needs some scrap so I will give it to her. I have a lot of articles to put away as well but I want to double check they are all on my Endnote library first. YAWN.
On Sunday I went to Warrandyte with Mum and Dad, there was a festival on but we sort of bypassed it and went for coffee at the bakery.
We read the Sunday Age and I was reminded why I don't buy it.It seems that to be a columnist in Sunday life you have to have the Awkward Lean down pat.
(God Mia Freedman is obsessed with weight loss. YAWN x a million)
I was mystified by the attraction of labelling outfits as 'Stepford Style'. How empowering... not. Mum asked why I was taking a photo of it and I told her it was so I could be rude about it on my blog and she heartily approved.
Then we guessed the weight of the pumpkin. I don't know how heavy it was but as I haven't received a congratulatory phone call I think we can safely say it did not weight 26.25 kilos.
Then we had lunch at Mum and Dad's and I checked out the vegie garden. This is the Cavolo NeroI planted, going well except some of the leaves have a kind of aphid on them.
My Jerusalem Artichokes. Hard to distinguish amongst the green jungle; they are the tall leafy things in the middle. I planted them years ago before I moved out and they grow well most years, but this year they have been taller than ever, about 3 metres tall.
They are flowering now. They are a member of the sunflower family and when I first planted them and they grew so tall I expected enormous flowers, but they are just like baby sunflowers.
Bees on the fennel.
Hamish eating his bone.
Belladonnas, they always pop up around now and look very cheery.
A pink cyclamen.
Figs. Hoepfully mum gets time to net them so we get some fruit before the birds/possums/fruit bats.
Some strange native pea that grows separately at the top but is joined together at the bottom.
2 comments:
Glad I'm not the only one who finds those two a bore to read, I thought there was something wrong with me for a minute there.
I always love seeing photos of your parents garden - it looks so lush and oasis-like.
Plus, of course you know I love seeing pics of Hamish - too too cute. xoxo
Post a Comment