I was super impressed yesterday that a friend had almost done a whole 365 photo blog. I would love to write more often here in my personal blog. I used to write almost daily in another online journal, but that was semi-private so I think it made it easier. It isn't just a privacy thing though, not exactly, I think because this blog is open and because so many people have such lovely blogs I get worried that my posts are boring or amateur or pretentious and so on. Today I figured that I can either wring my hands over all those things, or I can just write something, or post a photo and say pish pash to those who would judge me.
So today I took some photos in the hope that maybe I might start writing something (almost) every day.
I am feeling completely and utterly OVER winter. My apartment is antarctic and I just got a huge electricity and gas bill. I am a little cheered up by all the late winter flowers that have started to bloom though. I can't have them at home so I just enjoy them in the gardens. Here are some rust and purple coloured irises in the Carlton Gardens. The colour is amazing, sort of not a 'proper' flower colour, more like a dried flower that has been hand-coloured by a granny with too much time on her hands. Or something.
And some magnolias. These are everywhere at the moment, the pink kind, the yellow kind and the loose petalled white ones. There are magnolia trees planted along Gertrude St in Fitzroy. When I was a little girl I thought they must be homes for fairies and spent hours taking them apart looking for said fairies, and destroying mum's flowers in the process. Sorry mum.

2 comments:
I like it when you blog. And I agree about the colour of those flowers, weird.
Thanks babe. Yes the flowers are bizarre.
Post a Comment