Pages

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Sunday

Went to visist my sister and Hamish the Wonder Dog. We had soup, and apple and apricot crumble and caught up with my great aunt. Hamish is a bit sad as Mum has been away for so long, but this is not his sad look this is his 'is your camera food' look.

These are the tomatoes for the roast tomato, onion and capsicum soup. Despite the time of year the tomatoes are pretty good, I got them from John at Tomato City at the Vic Market, he gave me a few extra. I also got a free banana at another stall, I obviously had my market mojo going on.

The roasted stuff, the soup is very nice you just cut the tomatoes, capsicums and onions (with skin on) in half and roast with some garlic cloves and then take the skins off and bung it all in a saucepan with some stock and blend tills it's smooth. I was thinking today that I would probably like to add some chilli to it at some point...
Here it is all ready to nom on. I didn't eat all the bread, it was to share.


This is the apricot and apple crumble, I poached some apples and then added some tinned apricots. The crumble had some golden syrup in it, my sister's suggestion via someone else. It was nice, made it sweeter but in a tasty way. If I used golden syrup again I would probably add a bit less sugar to the crumble.

I ate this in front of an open fire, with dogs sleeping in front of it and a cup of early grey tea. Perfect winter's afternoon.


On another topic I bought some new Mimco hair accessories yesterday and the week before. I like them a lot. The hair combs are usually so spensy but these were hugely reduced. I like Mimco but a lot of the barrettes are so blinged up and heavy that they won't stay in my hair as it is so thin.The combs work much better. When I bought them yesterday the sales assistant said 'OMG these prices are crazy' like she had only just realised they were on sale. I felt like replying 'No what is crazy is that your plastic hair combs are normally $50'. But I just smiled an said 'yeah OMG WOW.'


1 comment:

Donna said...

oooh the leaf clips are pretty! Your soup sounds delish, I think a touch of chilli would be perfect, so warming