Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello blog, sorry I neglect you so much at the moment. Very tired tonight. Had to teach all the workshops, so six hours straight teaching. It isn't too bad really, mostly it is the repetition of the same ideas again and again for each new class. Trying to write a lecture for Friday now. So glad I don't have to write a lecture every week. So time consuming, no wonder I got no thesis done when I taught at La Trobe.

Seem to have a lot on at the moment. I am helping out with the Save Lonsdale House protest. Visit the website here. We have over 1000 signatures now, which is great. It is partly just good to know there are so many other people out there who love Melbourne's architecture. Have met some lovely new enthusiasts who know so much more about Melbourne than I do.

Making slightly slow progress on thesis this week, but, I think, good progress over all. Though it is hard working on so many bits simultaneously. I am going through the edits on Chapter 3, making an image catalogue for Chapters 4&5 (150 images eek!) and re-writing Chapter 6. Funny how disjointed some of my old writing is now when I look back on it, and way too much explanation, like i am hitting people over the head with my ideas sometimes! But that is good as I need to cut words as it is currently 14 000 words over.

A picture for no other reason than that I like it. From the V&A, I keep getting distracted when making my catalogue.

No comments: