Just went for a late afternoon run. It was pleasant, apart from having to dodge the hordes of footy fans spilling across the gardens from the MCG. I felt more warmed up than when I run in the mornings, no achey ankles. I also managed to run for 20 mins, then walk for 3 then run for 7, nearly ran 5k in total. I am kind of amazed. At the start of this year I absolutely struggled to run any longer than about 90 seconds at one go. I am so glad I finally managed to persevere and learn to run properly and to run regularly. Apart from the obvious (vain!) side of losing weight, it has also helped enormously with depression and anxiety. I always used to read that exercise helped but never really believed it. It is also great as I can just go out the fron door and do it for free.
Now I just have to learn how to do push ups and get upper body strength and I can be wonder woman.
Hereford
6 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment