Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

After feeling pleased at not having coffee for three days i had three today and I am all jingle jangle.

I had my tutor induction today, went well, I just hope they don't cut the tutes back to five between three tutors because I worry I will only get to do one instead of two. What else...

I am trying to finish a chapter this weekend, not sure if I am being suitably ambitious or overly optimistic, I guess I will know on Monday, ha.

Had a nice weekend at Daylesford. On Saturday I got up too late and had to somehow make/drink coffee (yes that was another lapse), bake brownies, shave my legs and pack clothes all at the same time. Caught the train, always fun, I love trains, if I had to read novels as a job I would just catch trains all day and read. We were picked up after admiring the wonders of Woodend, such as its amazing abilityto be absolutely bloody freezing. And this clock.


Then we went to Curly Flat to try wine and it was all cosy with a fire a dog called Gus who hurtled at us with his solid brick like body and then sat on my feet.
We had a nice dinner and sat by the fire and drank wine. Yum.

Jarrod and stuart fell asleep on the couch.


On Sunday Tara and Jarrod and I left Mark having his beauty sleep and went out to an organic farm with stripy organic pigs and bought vegetables including a brussel sprout tree. In the afternoon we went to another winery, with a fire, but this time it also had cheese and a grandad who sat by the fire with a short interlude when he chased some sheep.

Came home Monday and don't really know where the rest of the week went...

4 comments:

L said...

those photos look amazing! sounds like a great relaxing weekend, very jealous :D

Rowan the human said...

I particularly liked your diplomatic narrative handling of Mark's hangover!

I still miss you. Are you Skypey? Talked to Lizey (with webcam) last night and it warmed my cockles. You are next. You have an appointment with my cockles.

Rowan the human said...

PS I can't use blogger because it is all in Thai when I try. What to do?! Was actually thinking of asking you to set it up for me so I only had to handle login etc but I think that is too lame and incompatible with my adventurous spirit.
x

Katya said...

Ohh yes I can imagine the trickyness, mine goes Italiano when I am there. Considerably less challenging than Thai. I am not skypey, I need to buy a microphone for my computer because it is old school, or just old. I will do it very soon and you will be the first to know.