Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

The weather is suddenly gorgeous, it is sunny and warm, I walked around in sort sleeves all day.

Woke up quite early this morning but then just sort of phaffed on the net. Got up and dressed and wandered down to find Jonathon who was off today, Sad sad times. Then I was going to go to Monetmartini to look at sculpture but decided as the weather was lovely to head up the janiculum (up the janiculum always sounds vaguely dirty to me, hmm).

So jolted off in the bus, I always think they are just going to shudder apart over the cobbles. Got off at the Villa Sciarra which was very lovely, a 19th century villa which is closed but the garden is now a public park and it was full of gorgeous dogs and children and people having picnics. there were two children fishing tortoises out of pond and then running off to dad yelling excitedly Love!

Took lots of photos, there was an amazing view where you could perch on some grasss in teh sun and see all across Rome to the snow capped mountains. I listened to some leonard cohen, then felt hungry so I went to my favourite lunch place and got a suppli and a crochetta, potato dumpling, resisted the deep fried artichokes.

Too these down to the huge fountain and looked across rome while listening to the masses of water spilling out of the aqueduct, mmmm bliss.

Then I had to do some reconnoitering as we have a plan to break in to Arcadia. The garden I am working on that they won't open. so I photographed the walls and shook the gates. hmmmm.

Then i went down into Trastevere and decided to go in to the botanical gardens. Just wandered around in the sun, ate some of the herbs in the medicinal garden, orti semplici, Shhhh!!!

Then i went through to look at the other wall of Arcadia, had to climb through bamboo and then rock climb part of an old Roman wall but eventually got up on top of teh wall and was able to see some of it. Very exciting.

Wandered home after that via the corso and th shops, bought leggings to go with the silk and cotton jersey dress i got yesterday and opaques in five colours.

Now I am drinking campari and planning how I 'break in to Arcadia'.....

No comments: