Had such a blast today. Got up early and went out to teh markets at San Giovanni with Sue and lisa. first stop was for beads and pendants at this store which has amazing things very cheap. I bought a string of red, blue and green glass beads, plus a string of freshwater pearls, and got a free shell bracelet. I love the bargaining, saved myself about 15 euro there. Then I bought some cheap bling, a % euro cocktail ring with a huge orange 'stone' and diamantes.
Then went to a second hand clothing stall and bought a 1970s skirt and shirt set, in a herringbone type print, belted at the waist. I had to bargain them down standing in a damp temporary dressing room, with the prices going from me to teh assistant to the stall owner who was sitting out the front looking mean with a ciggie. I eventually said nope too expensive and took it off, then they reneged and gave me 20 euro ($40 off), woop. Then was sorely tempted at the cashmere stall, but everything was a bit too big.
Then we went back to the centro and found boots for Lisa, I am very skilled at boot finding, then went to Boccone and I reccomended Lisa buy some Pio Cesare Barolo, unfortunately not for sharing with me. Then it turned out I was being kidnapped and taken to our friend Karin's apartment. The fabulous American one with a view of the Castel Sant'Angelo, and real 17th and 18th century art on the walls. First she took us to the roof from which you can see all of Rome.
Then we had lunch and she announced she had bought pink champagne for us to try, it was amazing. Ate way too much smoked salmon, sardines, artichokes, cheese and so on, drank more champagne. Yum. She is so fab, I just adore her. We gossiped and had girl time and looked at our jewels.
Off to dinner soon.
Hereford
6 hours ago

2 comments:
oh that sounds like a wonderful day, wish i was there with you!
me too! We would have such fun, one day we will def be here together, i know it.
xxxxxxx
Post a Comment