Pages

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Gosh, I hear you say (well if anyone else is daggy like me and says 'gosh') Kat doesn't usually update on the weekend, well its because I am AT WORK on saturday. Not that bad really, only just came in and feeling very virtuous. Have done market shopping, bought nectarines, yum. Went for a swim, did over 30 laps, yay me. Butr I am absolutely determined to finish these chapters this weekend.

In other news, I got a phone call this morning at 9:30 from one of my uni colleagues and was thinking something must be wrong. But, it turns out that she was just calling to ask if I wanted a teaching job at Latrobe next year! Apparently she had too much on and two art history lecturers have just retired and they wanted an 18th century expert so they all suggested me! Little ole me! How examiaciting, better finish this bloody PhD now, the subject is in semester 2 next year so still have first semester to myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations! The job offers are just flying in...Mum is thinking of going for a job at Deakin, btw.
30 LAPS!!! And here I was thinking my 400 metres on Wednesday was impressive.
I like your dress. I didn't call you on friday because Mum said you were working and I thought you might like the day to yourself.
But I will call you re monday.
Huggles
N.

Anonymous said...

I was amazed at your weekend virtue too... maybe it's the natural consequence of "breaking" your virginity during the week!!

If you don't manage to finish your thesis until sem 2 '07 (god forbid) you will definitely get it done on the endless Bundoora commute! I thought they had ditched their dept there??
x R

Anonymous said...

Actually, I say gosh, but now I prefer to add 'Moses' at the end.
I had any non G rated exclamations trained out of me after a few years at the call centres. Also gained the ability to listen politely to rambling idiots without sighing, sounding doubtful or tired of them for atleast 40 mins at a time!
hug
N.