Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I am so bloody tired, I haven't taken any medication for a week or more and feel like rubbish, well today is a bit better on account of waking up to some lovely messages from Finland.

Should be working but can't be arsed, might read later and tidy office, need to start moving all my things back home from uni so I don't have a huge rush in December. Probably no casual work this week which is good and bad.

Bad because no money which I need for Rome.

Good because they drove me nuts on Friday, gah picky picky about everything. Bloody hell we are triple checking things because doing 500 applications leaves room for mistakes you knobs, don't point out every single bloody thing! Even more annoying because nothing I did would have affected anyone's chances of getting a scholarship, instead it was that I forgot to initial one form out of about 500 I did on one day, gah. Then that I didn't initial other forms I checked because no one bloody told me too, or that my comments weren't long enough ?!? Plus the fact that I found errors but just fixed them and didn't run to the boss to point out who was making mistakes. Anyway nevermind, over it. Went out for $10 dinner on Victoria St (mmm prawn and vegies with crispy noodles) Then wine at the wine shop.

Had breakfast with Carla yesterday. Bless Gertrude st, one minute we were findling expensive designer jackets and the next I was offered some stolen steaks by a guy outside the milkbar.
Went for lunch at wine shop again, oops. We saw Ted Bailleau, how exciting..... not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, poor Katrina. *hugs*
I once worked in a job where I had to send about 30 faxes a day, and once I accidentally sent one to the wrong number (to the number the last fax had gone to), and they made a huge fuss about it, used it to let me go :(
So, we hate them.
Cheer up, Poland will be fun and I will see you on Friday.
N.

Katya said...

Yes hurrah. And poo to admin, they are clearly nuts because they chose a career in admin in the first place (ok this is very ungracious but well... true).
xxx

Anonymous said...

Yes, imagine actually thinking "What makes me passionate about life? What do I want to for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for the next 40 years? I know! Administration!"

Some of the people I've known in that area were wound so tight, one prod could have exploded them, sending body parts in every direction.
Still, after doing this work, everything else will be a breeze. Nothing will seem so bad after having managers like that :)