Pages

Monday, August 15, 2005

Had a great weekend. Went out on saturday with Carla and Bri and Sarah to Max Brenner and indulged in chocolatey goodness, chatted lots stayed for three hours (partly because they took so long to bring us food). But it was all fun, went to three degrees and saw the strange barman again, he asked us for i.d. and spent ages trying to work out my age muttering under his breath. He is a bit dumb methinks. Then we were looking at the papers and when he brought us food he asked if we were finished so I just said, 'yep, read them all' (as a joke) and he said 'really!!' and then took them away and started looking over them and looking at me. Anyways Carla and Sarah got to meet Mark, I think he was a bit nervous Then me and Mark went off to the Melbourne Wine Shop (its also a bar) and had a quick drink before heading to a friend's birthday drinks at Double Happiness. IT was fun, it's a really lovely bar with an open fire and I drank a lychee vodka cocktail I had a nice chat with a few people, including this Spanish/Turkish guy who had worked for the U.N. in Kosovo, pretty crazy stuff. I was v. impressed (especially as he was the same age as me) and asked how he got the job, and he said 'oh I don't have any qualifications or anything really, I just speak Spanish, Russian, turkish, French and a little bit of English.' (His english was perfect) Went to my parents yesterday to work on re-lining my jacket, we got a bit done but me and mum tend to spend mot of the time chatting and drinking tea with me cuddling the little puppydog. My poor sister is in a bit of a mess, she hasn't got a job and is all depressed again, just sleeping all day but refusing to go and see anyone about it.

No comments: